Terms and conditions
Golden Circle Let's Picnic
Australia, all states and territories, and New Zealand.
Start: 01 Oct 2017 12:01 AM AEST
End: 31 Dec 2017 7:59 PM AEDT
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
Golden Circle Ltd
ABN: 85 054 355 618
2 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank VIC 3006
including its directors, affiliates, employees and agents (Promoter)
Conditions of Entry
(a) By entering the Promotion, entrants accept the Terms of Entry following
(b) Entry to the Promotion is open to Australian and New Zealand residents
who currently reside in Australia or New Zealand, fulfil the entry
requirements and are 18 years of age or older.
(c) Employees of the Promoter, its partners and agencies associated with
this Promotion, are ineligible to enter.
(d) Entry to this Promotion is free.
Details of prizes
The prizes for Australian residents are detailed below:
- Portable BBQ BUGG Series II Amber excluding stand, RRP $499, Qty 50
- Malvern Star Radmax 20" Bike and Scott Watu Helmet, RRP $249.94, Qty 100
- Sunnylife Deluxe Picnic Basket Montauk, RRP $195.00, Qty 100
- Fuji Instax Mini Cameras + 15 pack of film RRP $104.00, Qty 100
- Sunnylife Picnic Chair, RRP $99.95, Qty 100
- Sunnylife Beach and Picnic Blanket, RRP $89.95, Qty 250
- Sony SRSX11 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, RRP $99.00, Qty 100
The prizes for New Zealand residents are detailed below:
- Malvern Star Radmax 20" Bike and Scott Watu Helmet, RRP $249.94, Qty 10
- Sony SRSX11 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, RRP $99.00, Qty 10
- Fuji Instax Mini Cameras + 15 pack of film RRP $104.00, Qty 10
- Sunnylife Picnic Chair, RRP $99.95, Qty 10
- Sunnylife Beach and Picnic Blanket, RRP $89.95, Qty 10
All prizes are valued in Australian Dollars.
All prizes will be dispatched to confirmed winners within 28 days of
confirmation, with the exception of the Sunnylife Deluxe Picnic Basket which
will be dispatched to winners in November due to availability.
Total number of prizes
Australian Prize Pool contains 800 prizes in total
New Zealand Prize Pool contains 50 prizes in total
Total prize value
Total prize pool (inc GST): $128,654.90
Australian Prize Pool is valued at $122,226.50
New Zealand Prize Pool is valued at $6,428.40
Method of entry
To enter, an entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
purchase any two or more Golden Circle products in a single transaction from a retail outlet in Australia and New Zealand (Qualifying Purchase) and retain the receipt (Proof of Purchase).
complete the entry form at www.goldencirclepicnic.com.au (Golden Circle Promotional Website) and enter their details (including their name, address (cannot be a PO Box), mobile number and email), following which they will instantly receive a message on the Promotional Website to notify them if they have won a prize (Provisional Winner).
a Provisional Winner will then be prompted to upload their Proof of Purchase to claim a prize. Entries will be declared invalid unless Proof of Purchase of a Qualifying Entry is provided.
Maximum number of entries
Entrants may enter multiple times, subject to a limit of 1 entry per Qualifying Purchase per day.
Each entry must be supported by proof of purchase of a Qualifying Purchase. Entries will be declared invalid unless proof of purchase of a Qualifying Entry is provided.
Notification of winners
Provisional Winners will be notified via the website instantly; and a follow up email will be sent within 24 hours of the entry being submitted.
Public announcement of winners
The winners of all prizes will be published here:
www.goldencirclepicnic.com.au from 10 Jan 2018
Unclaimed prize draw
A random unclaimed prize draw will occur 10:00 AM AEDT on 28 Mar 2018
Location of draw:
608 Harris Street
Ultimo NSW 2007
Notification of unclaimed prize winners
Unclaimed prize winners will be notified via email no later than 30 March 2018.
Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw
The winners of all unclaimed prizes will be published here:
www.goldencirclepicnic.com.au from 30 Mar 2018
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/16163
SA Permit No. T17/1329
ACT Permit No. TP 17/01410
Terms & Conditions of entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions (Terms of Entry). The Terms of Entry must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule defines the terms used in these Terms of Entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms of Entry and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of Entry.
- Entry is open only to legal residents of the Eligible States/Territories who satisfy the Conditions of Entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, including the competition permit providers Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize/s are specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule.
- The total prize pool is specified in the Total prize value section of the Schedule.
- Any prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- All prizes from the advertised prize pool will be distributed during the Promotion Period. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will occur as specified in the Schedule.
- All eligible and bona fide prize claims will be honoured and distributed regardless of any quality control errors that may occur, even if this results in prizes being awarded in excess of the advertised total prize value.
- Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the competition and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
- The entrants must follow the Conditions of Entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter for any reason. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entrant(s) drawn randomly in accordance with the Prize draw details. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (and record them in order). In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If the prize can’t be awarded to the entrant drawn, the Promoter will then continue this process until the prize is awarded.
- The winner does not need to be present at the draw unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of winners and Notification of unclaimed prize winners (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. Notification to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notification from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notification will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter by contacting the Promoter’s agency conducting this Promotion on 02 9966 4003. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The winner(s) name and state/territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Public announcement of winner’s section of the Schedule (if applicable).
- If the prize(s) has not been claimed by the Unclaimed prize draw time and date and subject to any written directions from a State lottery agency, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed prize draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Notification of unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule, and if applicable, the name and State/Territory of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw. If a prize is no longer available, the promoter may substitute with a prize of higher or equal value “subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority”. The promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the prize.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), the Promoter and partners and related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) exclude all liability for any loss, damage or personal injury, whether direct or indirect, special or consequential, arising out of any of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); any theft, unauthorised access or any third party interference in relation to a prize or any entry; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost or altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; any prize or participation in or use of any prize; any use or permission granted by an entrant to any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to prizes during transit to a winner or for any delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry where Proof of Purchase is not provided and may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time where Proof of Purchase is not provided without giving any further reasons and without liability to any entrants. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms of Entry or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms of Entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, entrants agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to the Promoter to use and sub-licence the use of any copyright or other intellectual property rights in and to the entry submitted and any related content. Without limiting this, the Promoter may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
- The collection and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy statement.
- The Promotion and these Terms of entry will be governed by the law of the State of Victoria, Australia . Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram; and to release Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram.